Terms of Service
A quick summary
This is a quick summary of some of the most important terms and conditions of your subscription with Parasym Health. You can see the full terms of your Agreement below. It's important that you read and understand the full terms before you sign up.
1. You have the choice to either purchase the Parasym device for a one off payment, or subscribe to Parasym with rental access to the Parasym device for treatment purposes. Parasym offers a three month rolling contract to ensure patients get the best possible results from the treatment. This means that there is a minimum rental period of three months, after which the subscription can be cancelled at any time. If the device is purchased outright there are no additional fees.
2. You must pay the charges for the services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. This should be automatically charged through our payment system after you have subscribed. You can view your subscription, payment and account information in our customer portal accessible from our website.
3. Under our rental contract, once you cancel your account you are required to return any items that have been provided under this agreement within 30 days. If you fail to return the rental item(s) within 30 days you will be notified by email. If you fail to make contact with us regarding your item(s) a charge will be made to your credit card equal to the difference between your total monthly rental fees and the full purchase cost of the device.
4. You have the right to reject defective equipment within a reasonable period as set out on our Website. However, if you ask to be sent a replacement and don't return the original equipment, you'll be charged for Non-Returns.
5. What we expect of you – We may end the Agreement if: you don't pay any charges that are due; we reasonably believe the Service is being used fraudulently, illegally, in a way that harms our Business, for non-personal or business use; or if you're bankrupt.
6. t-VNS is a therapeutic alternative with minor side effects. An analysis of data from over 300 patients and volunteers, who participated in studies of t-VNS, showed potential side effects that include itching, mild discomfort or pain at the stimulation site of the outer ear. These side effects usually disappear soon after stopping the stimulation.
The Parasym device device is not certified for treating patients during pregnancy, or for patients with active implants (such as a cardiac pacemaker, or a cochlear implant). The Parasym device® should not be used on children under the age of 12 unless under medical supervision. Electronic equipment such as EKG monitors and EKG alarms may not operate properly when Parasym device® is in use. In patients with known myocardial disease, arrhythmias or epilepsy, Parasym device® should be used only with consultation and evaluation by a physician.
7. It is important that the patient does not use the Parasym device to stimulate the right tragus, this is because the right tragus interacts with nerves that can affect the heart. Parasym are not responsible for any adverse effects as a result of misuse of the device. When operating the device, the Parasym instructions for proper use should be followed. Parasym is not responsible for misuse of the device or supporting materials. If you experience adverse side effects and are concerned please contact the Parasym team.
8. Treatment response time is between 8-12 weeks when used daily with the recommended settings. As with any treatment each individual will respond differently and response times will vary. Parasym can not be held responsible if an individual does not respond to the treatment.
Your Terms of Service Agreement in full
Parasym.co and its related services (“Service”) are subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”) set forth below.
Parasym.co reserves the right to update and modify the Terms of Service, at any time, by posting the contents to the website. New features that may be added to the Service shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Should you continue to use the Service after any such modifications have been made, this shall constitute your agreement to such modifications. You may always view the most recent copy of the Terms of Service here: https://www.parasym.co/terms.html.
Violating of any part of the Terms of Service will result in the discontinuation of your account.
You must be legal age in your geographic area to form a binding contract to use this Service.
You must provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other required information to complete the sign-up process.
You are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account. Parasym will not be held liable for any damage or loss that may result from your failure to protect your login information, including your password. Parasym may communicate with you via email regarding your account, updates, or other issues related to your account. Parasym may refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Payment and Access
Depending on the payment option you have chosen,, we will charge you a standard monthly fee based on your account plan, or a single one off payment. The Service is billed in advance for each month, and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service. No refunds will be made made should you not use the Service during a period of time when your account is open. Should you choose to purchase the Service outright part way through a rental period, the cost of the purchase will have deductions proportional to the rental costs you have already paid.
Modifications to the Service and Fees
We shall ensure that at all points of time the standard of the Service remains high and maintains continuity. We may make changes or improvements to the Service at any time. We do not warrant that the Service will operate error-free. Our Services do not currently have any warranties of any kind. Parasym reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time for any reason with a notice period of 30 days.
Parasym reserves the right to change our monthly fees with 30-days notice. If fees are changed, notices will be posted to the Parasym website: https://www.parasym.co. For existing contracts for which fees have been already paid and received, price revision would be implemented only during the next renewal and customers would be informed prior to this change via email.
Conduct of Users
You and any individual you allow access to the Parasym equipment, agree to not use our services, which include any devices or accessories we offer, in any way other than that stated in our safety and recommended usage parameters.
Cancellation and Termination
You alone are responsible for the proper cancellation of your account. Cancellation requests should be made through your online portal. You can cancel at any time, but you will remain liable for all charges accrued up to that time. If you have purchased our services for a one off fee, this will be the only charge of service. If you are subscribed on a monthly rental basis, you will be charged a minimum of three months rental. If you cancel beyond a three month period, and have paid your fees for rental, you will not be charged again.
Under our rental contract, once you cancel your account you are required to return any items that have been provided under this agreement within 30 days. If you fail to return the rental item(s) within 30 days you will be notified by email. If you fail to make contact with us regarding your item(s) a charge will be made to your credit card of the difference between your total monthly rental fees and the full purchase cost of the device.
Parasym reserves the right to
modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof); refuse any and all current and future use of the Service, suspend or terminate your account (any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any of Your content in the Service, for any reason, including, if Parasym believes that You have violated these TOS. Parasym will use all reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to warn You prior to suspension or termination of Your account. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of Your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Parasym shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
Copyright and Ownership
Parasym or its suppliers own the intellectual property rights to any and all protectable components of the Service, including, but not limited to, the device and accessories provided, name of the Service, and the related documentation. You may not copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, or dissemble any aspect of the Service which Parasym or its suppliers own.
Parasym claims no intellectual property rights over the Content you upload or provide to the Service. However, by using the Service to send Content, you agree that others may view and share your Content.
Parasym liability is limited to the data stored in its own servers and does not extend coverage to the third party components and services.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Service. You agree not to resell, duplicate, reproduce or exploit any part of the Service without the express written permission of Parasym. Parasym its affiliates and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Service. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service. Our aggregate liability in connection with any claim arising out of or relating to the website and/or the products, information, documents and services provided herein or hereby shall not exceed the fee paid by the User.
If any provision of the Terms of Service is held invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired thereby. The failure of Parasym to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any right hereunder. The Terms of Service sets forth the entire understanding between you and Parasym as to the Service and supersedes any prior agreements between you and Parasym (including, but not limited to, prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any questions regarding the Terms of Service should be addressed to our contact email.
You are responsible for complying with any applicable laws, rules, or regulations governing the export of the Service or any of its components.
Nothing in this Terms and Conditions shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision and failure to comply with any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.
In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of this Terms and Conditions to be invalid, such holding shall have no effect on the remaining provisions of this Terms and Conditions and they shall continue in full force and effect.
This Terms and Conditions contained herein shall be the agreement between us. Parasym may revise the Terms and Conditions at anytime by updating this section. You are advised to visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
These TOS shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. You hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the United Kingdom for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to Your access to or use of the Service.
Changes to our Terms of Service
This policy was last modified on 22-Feb-2017
Many Thanks for your compliance
The Parasym Health Team